Currently there are more than 300 biotech companies in India. Among them, some of the best Biotech Companies in India, include the following:
- Biocon, Bangalore – Biocon is India’s leading Biotech Company, established in 1978, with focus on the development of biopharmaceuticals. Biocon is the first biotechnology company to receive ISO 9001 certification in India.
- Panacea Biotec, New Delhi – Panacea Biotec is a highly progressive research-based company involved in the manufacturing and marketing of branded pharmaceutical formulations, vaccines and natural products.
- Serum Institute of India, Pune – Serum Institute of India was established in 1966, and is a manufacturer of immunobiologicals including vaccines. Serum became accredited by the World Health Organization in 1994, after which it began exporting vaccines from India.
- Nicholas Piramal, Mumbai – Nicholas Piramal is a globally integrated healthcare company principally engaged in manufacturing and sale of bulk drugs and formulations. The company provides therapeutic products in the area of analgesic/anti-inflammatory, antibiotics, antihistamines, anti fungal, antiseptics, cardiovascular and central nervous system.
- Wockhardt, Mumbai – Wockhardt is a global pharmaceutical and biotechnology company located in Mumbai, which was established in the early 1960s. The company is involved in the manufacture of bio-pharmaceuticals, nutrition products, vaccines, and active pharmaceutical ingredients.